Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Just A Dream...Or is it?

Author's Note: This creative piece that I wrote was based off of a book that I read called Everlost. 

As my eyes opened I saw silvery flakes drift down, glittering in the bright light of the harvest moon. My whole body was shivering, probably because I had bear feet and I had a light blue party dress on that was tattered, but in a way it still looked presentable. I gently lifted my arm off my body and placed it on what I think was the ground. I felt softness beneath my grip, and as I turned my head to the right i saw the uneven ground covered in these silvery flakes that felt like snow. My heart started to race and a bunch of questions came popping into my head. Where am I? How did I get here? Why am I here? What is "here"? Then I heard a noise it sounded like a city, horns honking, people yelling, trains whistling there horns, but when I looked around there was nothing.The sound still grew louder and louder and louder, then stopped. Everything around me became dead silent, as if the world fell into a deep sleep and would never wake up. I jolted into a sitting position I peered around me trying to see if there was anything Icould see, but there was nothing. Nothing but silvery snow covering the ground, the forest near by and the harvest moon shining down on me. "Of course!, I should walk to the forest," I thought. I stood up and walked wobbly towards the forest. As I ambled towards the forest I saw a figure at the edge, so I walked closer. The figure seemed to look a boy. I wondered if he was there the whole time and as my mind was wondering I went into what I thought to be a deep sleep, as if the world fell into a black hole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment