Friday, January 6, 2012

The Magical Music Box

Author's Note: This creative writing piece that was written in third person. It is a short story about my music box and the long journey it took.

From the store to a box, from a box to being wrapped in colorful paper. From being wrapped to being shoved under the tree, and then opened on Christmas day by a wonderful girl. Hello I am an original Neverland music box. I am a unique 1951 Disney World, Neverland music box.

My journey started when I was hand made by the most wonderful people. I was decorated and painted with all sorts of colors, inside and out. Soon after I was painted I was shipped to....wait hold on a second I have no idea where I'm getting shipped to. Sixty years later.....

I wake up and the fist thing I think is, Aah where am I?? I looked around the room and realized that I was at some kind of auction of some sort. Wait not an auction a place where a bunch of people were buying different things like food choppers, feather’s that you put in peoples hair, and nail polish. Then just as I was thinking that a women probably in her sixties came walking up to the table. The young lady behind the table that I was on greeted her. Quicker than you’d know it I was purchased for I think young women said I cost $3.00. I mean a 60 year old music box and I’m ONLY $3.00. Back in the old day’s I would’ve costed 25 cents, man I feel expensive. This is so boring I’ve been sitting in a box for at least and hour. Oh wait what was that noise? Yayyyy finally we’re at the woman’s house, it is a lovely blue color with a white trim. When we arrive in the house the woman delicately sets me in her closet. For six years I sat in her closet, a legit 6 years.

Finally after all those years I get opened on Christmas by a lovely girl named Kaitie. Now I am in her special cabinet that was once her great Aunts. I think she will treasure me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment